Healthy teeth and gums are an essential part of your overall health. Today, healthy and beautiful smiles go hand in hand. If you are concerned with the color, shape, spacing or alignment of your teeth, we recommend that you consider undergoing a cosmetic dental procedure. Make an appointment with Drs. Drake and Voto to learn more about getting the smile you’ve always wanted. Drake and Voto Family and Cosmetic Dentistry proudly serves patients throughout Owasso, OK, Skiatook, Sperry, Tulsa, Claremore, Collinsville and surrounding communities.
- Teeth Whitening– Teeth whitening is perhaps the most commonly recommended cosmetic dentistry procedure. Professional teeth bleaching can enhance the brightness and color of your smile.
- Dental Veneers– These are composite or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks. They can dramatically improve a worn appearance or severe tooth discoloration. Veneers may also appropriate if you have gaps between your teeth or if you have not had success with teeth whitening.
- Braces– Orthodontics can improve the appearance of teeth in children and adults who have misalignment or teeth with wide gaps. Products like Invisalign are nearly invisible and exceedingly more comfortable and convenient than traditional braces.
- Inlays/Onlays– Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays made from porcelain or composite materials are a long-lasting yet cosmetic way to provide a “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage.
- Composite Bonding– Chipped, broken, discolored or decayed teeth can be repaired or corrected with composite bonding. A dental composite material with the look of enamel and dentin is applied into the cavity or onto the surface of a tooth, sculpted into shape, contoured, and hardened with a high-intensity light.
- Dental Implants– With a 95% success rate, dental implants are tiny titanium artificial tooth root replacements that are used as a part of prosthetic dentistry to compensate for tooth loss. A custom restoration is then affixed to the implant to complete your smile.
- Gum-lifts (gingivectomy)– This procedure involves the removal of gum tissue to make the teeth appear longer and the gum line more even. An uneven gum line can make the teeth appear to have different lengths, which detracts from an attractive smile.
- Smile Makeover– Typically one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures — such as dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening — may be required for several teeth in both the upper and lower arches in order to achieve the perfect smile.
- Botox and Juvederm– Botox is a safe and effective FDA-approved medication most commonly used to eliminate facial wrinkles and frown lines by decreasing the movement of muscles in troubled areas. It’s minimally invasive and results can typically last anywhere from 3-5 months on average. Juvederm is a smooth gel that is made up of hyaluronic acid which, when injected underneath the skin, can add volume and reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds. Not only will Botox and Juvéderm enhance your facial features, but they can also be used to inhibit jaw clenching. The injections relax certain facial muscles which stop the clenching and associated pain.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Owasso, OK
Cosmetic dentistry can provide aesthetic and restorative benefits. Technological advancements in natural-looking, tooth-colored dental materials make today’s cosmetic dentistry procedures more long-lasting and durable than ever before. To explore what can be done to enhance your smile, make an appointment with Drake and Voto Family and Cosmetic Dentistry today. Dr. Drake and Dr. Voto proudly serve patients in Owasso, OK and the communities of Skiatook, Sperry, Tulsa, Claremore and Collinsville.
Comments Off on Trends in Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
With summer just around the corner, one of the main things people are doing right now is making sure they look the best they can. When people think about summer, they think about outdoor barbeques, beaches, pool parties, and loads of fun. Many people are making sure they have their swimsuit body in the making and getting their hair done, but what a lot of people may not consider is revamping their skin. There is no doubt you will meet new people and reconnect with old friends and family during the summer season, and you want to make sure you look your best. Because Dr. Gene Drake and Dr. Jayson Voto understands this, they are able to offer Botox and Juvéderm to their patients.
Botox is used to treat the moderate to severe frown lines between your eyebrows. Botox’s base is a purified protein, and it reduces the level of the muscle’s activity. When injected into the skin, the lines smooth out, giving you a perfect, smooth appearance. The results can last up to four months, and you can maintain the procedure for constant magazine-ready skin. One of the amazing things about Botox that many people may not know about is that it is an FDA approved treatment for TMJ dysfunction as well as chronic migraines. This works because Botox is able to relax the frayed nerves in your face as well as relieve muscle tension. Juvéderm tackles your smile lines, also known as the parentheses around your mouth. Juvéderm adds volume to the skin, smoothing it over. Juvéderm is also able to be injected in the lips, giving you the full, luscious smile you have always wanted. Juvéderm’s results can last up to a year, something to definitely smile about this summer.
The great thing about Botox and Juvéderm is that they only take minutes out of your day! It is not invasive, and requires no anesthesia. In the long run, spending only a few minutes to change the look of your skin for months does not seem like much of a sacrifice! Let our doctors not only change your smile, but your skin, and you will leave looking like new, just in time for summer!
If you are curious as to how Botox and Juvéderm are able to give you flawless skin this summer, contact our office today to schedule your appointment with our caring, experienced team. Our doctors and staff proudly serve families from throughout the Owasso area, as well as the surrounding communities in Skiatook, Sperry, Tulsa, Claremore, Collinsville, and beyond!
Comments Off on Have Flawless Skin for Summer with Botox and Juvéderm!
When you think of going to see a dentist, it’s because you need a checkup or you need some other kind of service. You don’t typically think of how your dentist might be able to help you beat signs of aging or improve your eyelashes. But at Drake & Voto Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer several of today’s most popular aesthetic services, including:
With one or more of these services, we can help you transform how you look and improve your confidence. Here’s how each works.
Botox was made to ease the appearance of lines and wrinkles located around the eyes and brow. When injected, it prevents muscle contractions, resulting in a younger appearance for months at a time. How long does Botox last? A single treatment will provide excellent results for as long as four months. What’s more, Botox can also treat the symptoms of TMJ dysfunction.
Juvéderm targets a different set of wrinkles, specifically the ones around the mouth and nose. What’s more, instead of preventing muscle contractions, Juvéderm actually fills wrinkles, volumizing your appearance in the process. Patients who choose Juvéderm can look forward to seeing amazing results for as long as a year.
For some patients, it’s not wrinkles they want to treat, it’s their eyelashes. Latisse is the only FDA-approved prescription for lash-growth. How effective is it? More than 2.5 million bottles have been sold since it was introduced. The solution is applied to the top of lashes in the evening, and within weeks you can look forward to having fuller, darker lashes.
Do you want to learn more about any of these aesthetic services? Call Drake & Voto Family and Cosmetic Dentistry with your questions or to schedule an appointment.
Comments Off on Ease the Signs of Wrinkles with Botox, Juvéderm and Latisse