Many people choose to straighten their teeth with Invisalign in Owasso because it’s such a discreet option. But the benefits don’t end there! Unlike with traditional orthodontics, it’s easy to brush and floss, you can still eat all your favorite foods, and you still get great results (without anyone knowing you’re in treatment). Many of these advantages are due to the fact that the clear aligner trays are removable. But that comes with a catch – you have to take good care of them! Keep reading to learn how to maintain your trays and care for your teeth while you’re in Invisalign so you get the best results possible.
How Can You Maintain Your Aligner Trays?
When your aligners are in good shape, they can do their job better. Here are some tips for maintaining them:
- Keep them in at least 22 hours a day – To get your results as soon as possible, make sure you keep your trays in at least 22 hours a day.
- Keep them clean– Keeping your trays clean will only add a minute or two to your oral hygiene routine each day. Gently brush them morning and night with clear liquid soap, or your dentist can give you a special solution to soak them in.
- When wearing your trays, only drink water – Drinking anything besides plain water can stain your aligners or give them a bad odor.
- Store them properly during meals – Many people wrap their trays in a napkin while they’re eating, but that makes it easy to accidentally throw them away later. This is easily avoided by making a habit of storing your trays in their protective case during meals.
- Maintain your teeth as well – Unfortunately, it’s easy for people to develop cavities or gum problems with traditional braces because they weren’t able to keep everything clean. Invisalign makes it much easier, so be sure to brush and floss regularly. The cleaner everything is, the better your smile will look when you’re done!
- Get regular checkups – Regular checkups and cleanings with a dentist in Owasso will ensure your smile stays healthy during treatment.
What Should You Avoid?
Invisalign is easy and convenient, so there are only a couple of things you need to avoid:
- Don’t clean your trays with toothpaste or denture cleaner because they’re too harsh and might scratch or damage them.
- Be sure to gently put your trays in and take them out so you don’t warp or break them.
Invisalign delivers great results and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. By adhering to just a few guidelines, your treatment will go smoothly from start to finish!
About the Author
Dr. Jayson Voto is a family dentist in Owasso who loves seeing how a straight, even smile enhances his patients’ self-confidence and quality of life. In his experience, treatment goes better when his patients care for their trays properly, so he always takes the time to give them easy tips for doing that. If you have any other questions about Invisalign, he can be contacted via his website.